It seems that this is my only outlet at the moment. So, the boys and I get home for the day, everything is going really well, Kyle is extra lovey, Joshua's being his cute self, then....something happned; I have no idea what!
Joshua wanted an orange, well, sure, I gave him one. Then, he was done and he said, "more please", so I said just a minute, and he threw a huge fit! Terrible twos, welcome to my home... He threw the bowl, and then himself onto the floor. Wonderful. Well, I told him he will have to sit in his bed if he doesn't stop. So, he stares at me a bit while decideding if he should stop his tantrum. Well, he made a good choice; this time.
Well, as time goes by, I'm playing football/fumble with Joshua and Kyle is watching a cartoon. I turn around and I see him SPIT onto the floor!!! Can you believe it!!! I was schocked! Well, of course he had to clean it up and go to his room. So, after a good timeout I go in and talk to Kyle about what he did and ask him why he did it.
"Because I wanted to..." ?!@#$?!@ What! I very calmly said that we don't ever do that, we talked for a minute, and then I told him that he couldn't watch cartoons for the rest of the day. Oh my gosh, you would have thought I told him he had to sleep on a cold dungeon floor for the rest of the week or his life or something. Screams, crying, throwing himself on the floor...sound familiar? Yes, Joshua just did it earlier... Well, so now I have to tell him to get back on his bed for another timeout, and a second tantrum starts up...my gosh! I'm so at the end of my rope! What in the world am I supposed to do!? Well, I tell him he needs to calm down and stop or he won't be going on his field trip tomorrow, which he's been looking forward to for weeks! That settled him down quickly (sort of) at least he went back onto his bed anyway....
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't it just be a little easier??? Please???
I'm sure the rest of the day will go well....? HA! =) At least now I'm smiling and not boiling, that's a good sign right?
2 comments:
So did Kyle curse? I didn't get that part??? Where did he learn to spit? On the carpet? Oh my... the days I have to look forward too.... sigh
Ah! And if you were living in the days of dirt floors, you would have had MUD in your living room floor! Boys!!!!
Post a Comment