Well, I was supposed to work out with my friend today at her Dojo...but her daughter is sick! :( I was really looking forward to is, since I haven't worked out there for eight years now, and I've missed it. So I'm home getting ready for work...or supposed to be, but apparently my fingers want to type again; those darn fingers! I'm telling you, they're the bain of my existance, I just can't get anything done!
So, I'm feeling particularly melancholy at the moment. Just a bit lonely. It's stupid really. I have a full life, lots of great friends and a wonderful family. I don't like feeling like this, because it makes me feeling like I'm not being particularly appreciative of my blessings. So I turned on KDUV and I'm listening to encouraging music to help my mood, because I should be praising God instead of having bittersweet thoughts. So, I'm praying my mood will lift and that my thoughts will be on Him above and His grace and mercy.
It is so exciting when I see friends lives turn around and they turn to God, making Him the center of their lives. The passion and love they have for Jesus is an inspiration. Always striving to do what is right and knowing they will be blessed. It's awesome. My friends know who they are, and if you read this, know how excited I am for you and for what I know God will do in your life, and in the lives of those you touch. My brother is also an awesome example of how amazing and miraculous God can change a person! If you know my brother, you know this to be true and you can no longer say that a person can't change, because there's proof right smack in your face! Their testimonies encourage me! I take one day at a time, learn more, strive for a closer relationship with Him and pray that I can bless the lives of some as others have blessed mine.
I hope I am a blessing to my boys, instead of a hinderance, with their learning of God's love and grace. Let's face it. I'm not the gentlest of people, and I'm so overwhelmed sometimes, that I just react. I don't want to be too hard on them, but sometimes things just go so badly with their attitudes and I'm so frustrated, that it seems that whatever they do sometimes is just too much. I'm losing my balance. I really would like God to send me someone to help out here! :) I think I've taken on too much, but I really couldn't say where I should pull back, or if I should; so if you're wondering how you can pray for me, pray for that! My boys will be with their dad this weekend, and I'm already missing them! But, there is so much to do, that I know my weekend will still be busy and full of responsibilities. I need to support my boys, but in the process, I get so little time with them. Well, such is the life of a single parent!
Well, I've lost my train of thought and I can't seem to get it back, and I've got to get started on work, so until next time!
3 comments:
I am proud of you for your desires as a mom to see your boys grow in the Lord. I love you and praying for ya.
Sam
Well, I love you too, and wish I were retired so I could help you more. Love Grammie
It's such an irony isn't it? The kids drive ya nuts, and yet the thought of being away from them makes you want to cry....Being a single parent IS hard. I feel ya! There's a reason God wanted both parents together. Hmmmmm! I wonder what's in the future for us??? I know it is a plan to prosper us, but it would sure be fun to get a glimpse of it sometimes, eh?
Post a Comment