Thursday, December 6, 2007

Day 8

Well, my day started at about 0400...I had to be at the hospital by 0515 so Ryan could leave for work...of course i didn't quite make it on time, I was about 10 minutes late, but that's ok! No problem! So I get to the hospital and they tell me that Joshua will get his PICC Line today!!! Yeah!!! They will start about about 1:00pm. So! He has nothing to eat or drink ALL DAY.

Well, of course I'm getting nervous...They're going to put a small incision in my baby's arm and then insert basically what is a second vein in his vein!!! So I call my dear friend Cory and ask her if she'll sit with me. Of course she does! Thank you Cory! And Bryan for going home to watch the kids so she can sit with me! So as soon as she gets here they come and get me to bring Joshua in (they sedated him with Fentanol-I think that's how you spell it). Well, they also had a lady from the playroom come in with toys to keep him distracted. So, he's drowsy and she show's him a ball! THAT is his FAVORITE toy. Well, suddenly I realize that the nurse is about to start the incision, so I rush out, barely saying goodbye to Joshua and come back to my room. I don't know, not 30 minutes later a nurse comes in and tells me that they couldn't get the PICC Line in...WHAT! Yes, I said that! They couldn't get the PICC Line in! We have waited since monday to get the staffing here to do it!!! And then they couldn't! They tried BOTH ARMS! So, they said they will try again tomorrow....what that REALLY means is that they will try to try...it took four days to get the staff together in the first place, I am NOT optimistic about tomorrow. BUT! The Lord could work a miracle! Shall we pray??

Oh, and my other news...if they can't get the PICC Line in they will probably have to do surgery... Poor baby. I don't know that I'm ready for that thought yet. So, the next news is that we couldn't get a home health nurse until about Wenesday...so we are going to be here for at least another week....hmmm....I have no words for that.

Anyway! So, this is my day and it is now time for bed...Let's keep our fingers crossed for the PICC Line tomorrow!!!

No comments: