Well, I really don't even know where to start...
First things first though, even though it took so long to figure out what was wrong with Joshua, I believe that it was all God's perfect timing in the whole thing! He is so great and good, and has placed good doctors and friends in our lives to help! So thank you to all who have helped in any way! Without you, I'd be in a bed next to Joshua!!! Thank you and I love you all, and I thank God he has put you all in my life!
So! That said here it is... For the last four weeks Joshua has been in a lot of pain and we didn't know why. My very active baby just stopped walking and sitting up and he would just lay there. He was so happy before, and then he just kind of got a new mood that said, "I'm always going to be in pain and when I'm having a good day, you'll glimpse the old me!" I missed him!!! He's been in and out of the doctors office for constipation and gas...well his pain was just getting worse everyday and I had no idea what to do. Finally my mom called a family friend who happened to be a pediatrician and he came by to take a look at Joshua...Thank you to him we finally got some action!!! I was on my way to the emergency room with Joshua when I got a call from his Pediatrician who told me she set it up for Joshua to be squeezed in for a CT Scan. When he had the scan done they saw a mass and bone destruction. From there they referred me to the Children's Hospital. Well, we get there and they told us they are pretty sure it is "just" and infection with an absess on it, not a tumor. YEAH!!! However, it will need to have long term treatment at least 4-6 weeks. We were also told that we would be here at the hospital for at least a week... Poor little Joshua! He's been in so much pain for so long!!! I'm just so happy that they have figured out what is wrong and are treating him!!!
They started him on the antibiotics that night, and by day three he was feeling MUCH better! He is on pain meds, and I'm telling you! After not being able to move for four weeks, having the pain meds makes him so much more happy and mobile! He still isn't walking or sitting, but he's much more comfortable moving around, so he does it as much and as often as possible! Yeah!!! We are now on day 4 at the hospital and we had the consultaion for a PICC line. An IV that will be inserted into the vein and allow him to eventualy receive his antibiotics from home.
Still not sure when that will be exactly, but we should be there by next week. Also, last night he had a small fever that kept coming and going....could be part of the infection. Right now they are doing more tests to make sure that there is none of the bug/bacteria in his stomach as well.
I don't think I told you what he had yet...Oops!!! Joshua has a spinal infection called Diskitis, but it did spread to his bones, so it is actually Osteomyelitis. He has destruction to his bones and discs, but hopefully they will regenerate on their own. I still will be talking to the bone doctors, but I'm not sure when exactly. As of right now, they are not going to do surgery. I am just so thankful right now that he is finally getting help! Who wants to hear that they found a mass on their baby's spine!? Not fun! Well, here are some pictures for you all!!!


1 comment:
So sorry to hear about all you're going through Tiffany ... poor little boy!
We will be praying.
Emily for the Bakers
Post a Comment