Yeah!!! Yesterday I sat down with Joshua's doctor's and told them my concerns and frustrations...they were wonderful! They listened and answered my questions and explained things to me better (I spoke with the head doctor, otherwise it was interns...which would explain my frustrations). Anyway, one of my big concerns was that he wasn't getting better because his pain didn't seem well managed. Well, the doctor didn't realize that he was on his pain meds round the clock 24/7 instead of as needed, and she understood my concern. So, she changed it to as needed, and although he slept most of the day he was still very active without the pains meds!!! I felt so much more confident that he was ready to go home!!! He did need them at night, we couldn't lay him down to change his diaper because of the pain, but the pain meds helped with that.
So today (at o'dark 30) they took his blood work again...a few hours later they came in and said that his Sed Rate was at 29...he came in at 42, normal is between 0-13. He goes on oral antibiotics at a sed rate of 33 and below and can't stay at the hospital on orals...so, they came in and gave me the news...his PICC Line is coming out and he's going home! I'm thrilled! I was so unsure of how he was doing until yesterday and today. So, God is amazing and has answered prayers because my baby is healing! Please keep praying, he's not done yet! But thank you to all who have kept him in your prayers!!!
1 comment:
Welcome home, Buddy! You look so good back home. We'll keep praying for a quick, complete healing.
Post a Comment