I realized later after I wrote about what Joshua had, that I didn't say how he got it or anything like that, so let me sum it up! Some bug/bacteria got into his blood stream and basically, either by choice or some "trauma" (which could have just been from falling down), landed there and just infected the area. It is a bacterial infection, not viral.
We have been here since Thursday and the following day RSV season started so anyone under the age of 12 was not allowed to come into the rooms! What timing! Poor Kyle has been wanting to see Joshua for so long, but he was never able to come into the room. Well, yesterday, finally, Kyle got to see Joshua. I wheeled him out in a wagon and we met Kyle, Grandma, and GG in the cafeteria. As soon as Kyle saw me, he ran to me saying, "Mommy!" well, I reached out my arms to hug him and as soon as he saw Joshua in the wagon behind me he veered around me and went straight to Joshua, even MORE excited!!! It was the cutest thing! He loves his brother so much! He is so loving to him, it's the greatest thing to see. Well, of course when it was time to go back to the room, Kyle didn't want him to go, and he got upset, but eventually we made it back into there...
Today Joshua was supposed to have a PICC line inserted, but they didn't have the staffing, and it doesn't look like they will until the 10th now... but I could be wrong (I hope) because once that is in, we are one step closer to leaving! Joshua also had his first visit with the Physical Therapist and did great! He sat up on his own to put a car on something, and then he pulled himself up to stand!!! I was so proud! Such improvement already!
Well, after the physical therapist, his IV started beeping...uh oh...we had been having problems with it, it kept kinking up. Well, we get back to the room and the nurse looks at it, and it has to be changed... This is the worst part! He has already been through the first IV, which bursted and leaked all over, then they pricked his other hand, but that blood vessel blew, and THEN they got it in his foot. Well, he is now on his fourth poke, third IV...let's hope this one lasts until the PICC line can be implanted!
I've been so blessed by all the people in my life who have come to help me through all of this. I really don't have the appropriate words of thanks. I just get so teary when I think about all that has been done and continues to be done... Thank you to all for all your love and support!


1 comment:
So sorry about all Joshua's pokes. Glad to hear that he stood. He'll be back to the "old" Joshua soon and you won't be able to keep up. Still praying for both of you.
Post a Comment